Now that strawberry season is in full swing, we have started to experiment with different ways to use fresh strawberries. The first recipe we tried was a deliciously easy, 5-ingredient strawberry salsa. At first it seemed foreign to be mixing something as sweet as strawberries with the strong flavors of purple onions and jalapeno, but the result was surprisingly yummy. It’s a fresh take on a traditional dish and it means we don’t have to wait until the tomatoes start ripening to make salsa!
- Basket of our fresh BC strawberries, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (make sure to remove the seeds!)
- Half of a small red onion, finely diced
- 2/3 cup of finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Toss all ingredients together until combined. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: Gimme Some Oven