As we’ve expressed before, we are big fans of cheesecake. The way we justify eating cheesecake is by using toppings made out of our fresh fruit – if the fruit is healthy, the rest of the cheesecake must be healthy right?...
Before you burst our bubble, take a look at this cheesecake topped with fresh cherry puree recipe. You may just end up joining the “cheesecake is healthy” club too.
- We used the recipe on the back of Honey Maid Graham Crumbs. To make the crust you need a box of Honey Maid Graham Crumbs and 1/4 cup of margarine (or butter if you prefer).
- Two bricks of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
Topping (Cherry Puree)
- 2 Cups of pitted cherries (we used Summit cherries)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- To make graham crust combine 1 1/4 cups of Honey Maid Crumbs with 1/4 cup melted non-hydrogenated margarine or butter. Press on bottom of 9-inch spring form pan or bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. Makes one 9 inch crust.
- Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and blend together using a hand mixer.
- Whip the whipping cream and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread filling over graham crust and let it set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Meanwhile, combine cherries, lemon juice, and honey in a blender and blend on high until desired consistency is achieved.
- Cut cheesecake into pieces and top with a spoonful of cherry puree.