At Steve & Dan’s, one of our favourite desserts is cheesecake! Is there anything as delicious as a smooth piece of cheesecake that melts in your mouth? We are drooling just thinking about it.
In honor of our cheesecake obsession and with strawberries in season right now, we thought we would make a strawberry cheesecake using fresh strawberries (obviously). We left out the food colouring in favor of the natural pink colour and added whipped cream into the cream cheese filling to give it a fluffy texture. The result was what we expected – AMAZING! Seriously, this cheesecake is so light and fluffy that we were almost able to convince ourselves that it wasn’t filled with heavy cream and cream cheese. If you are looking for a perfect summer dessert, this is your recipe.
- We used the recipe on the back of Honey Maid Graham Crumbs. To make the crust you need a box of Honey Maid Graham Crumbs and 1/4 cup of margarine (or butter if you prefer).
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 lb strawberries
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- Sliced strawberries
- Additional whipping cream
- To make graham crust combine 1 1/4 cups of Honey Maid Crumbs with 1/4 cup melted non-hydrogenated margarine or butter. Press on bottom of 9-inch spring form pan or bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. Makes one 9 inch crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form
- Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream
- Puree strawberries in food processor
- Fold strawberry puree into mixture until fully blended
- Spread evenly into crust
- Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours before serving
- Top with sliced strawberries and additional whipped cream if desired (our suggestion is that you do!)